Saturday, September 17, 2011

Out with the old

I picked up these $40 ottomans at Kmart a while ago with the intention of re-upholstering them. Finally, after staring at the leopard print fabric that has the same feel as a teddy bear that has been carried around by a child for years, I'm happy to say they are re-covered.

My sister-in-law was kind enough to pass the word of a sale here that was discounting fabric, so the kids and I scored this 100% silk fabric that was originally $196/yd for $15/yd.

Big man was out of the country and came home to these new beauties. His first reaction was a very kind "Oooooooooooooh," followed by saying they look like a Nordstrom box. Fitting for me - having worked there pre-kids!

I'm scared to add the finishing touches by re-tufting the buttons. So for now, the benches will be sans buttons.

Tutorial found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment