Big man and I had the chance of a lifetime to attend the 2012 London Summer Olympics. We had a blast and insanely missed the kiddos. Everything reminded us of them. 

We had some dear friends spoil us like crazy for the four days we were in London.
We witnessed Usain Bolt make history in the 200m finals.
FRONT row for USA v. Argentina Men's basketball semi-final
(basically being within feet of LeBron, Kobe, Kevin & co!)
Access to the USA House - where athletes/coaches hang after their events.
Closing ceremonies with darling Sam! - seeing one of my favorite fashionistas: Victoria Beckham perform AND the Duchess was in attendance too (a source tells me she's quite tall in person)!
(and One Direction was another bonus!)
We also attended the marathon swimming event & women's water polo. I'm realizing I threw on my chambray shirt about every day for layering, so I'm going to spare you seeing me in more photos!
BUT - another great part of London is the fashion. Sigh.
Burberry.
Alexander McQueen.
John Galliano.
Mulberry.
Stella McCartney.
Alexander McQueen.
John Galliano.
Mulberry.
Stella McCartney.
LK Bennett.
Barbour.
Reiss.
The list goes on and on.
There were so many great moments of the trip. One of our more quiet moments took us to visit my SIL's former school; The Royal Academy of Music (the same school Sir Elton John attended!). It intersects with one of my most favorite streets we perused: Marylebone High Street. We enjoyed a hot ham and cheese croissant breakfast at Patisserie Valerie and shopped some darling boutiques:
Petit Bateau
Daunt Books
Emma Bridgewater
Cath Kidston
Blossom
Whistles
Matches
I was in heaven! Our little unexpected walk took us from darling Marylebone High Street to Oxford Street - the home of Selfridges! I seriously couldn't believe how gigantic this store is. Whoa. Fashion overload! Big man soaked in Savile Row while my darling girlfriend and I enjoyed tea time & wonderful conversation at Fortnum & Mason - another highlight.
A trip to London isn't complete without visiting Harrod's. The little man and little lady would have been in heaven in their toy department. I mean, what little boy doesn't NEED a $10,000 mini Mercedes to cruise around on the sidewalk! :) Another unexpected moment occurred in Harrod's - their home and art department was incredible. I could have spent hours there.
Enjoying a very late-night at Marble Arch with McDonald's post-closing ceremonies also tops my list of great memories with great people. (Have a Cadbury Wispa McFlurry - you'll thank me later).
From my trip description, you can see we didn't make time for many museums this time. Our days were spent shopping and cheering on team USA! Guess I'll have to go back again soon - WITH the kids!
xo
Enjoying a very late-night at Marble Arch with McDonald's post-closing ceremonies also tops my list of great memories with great people. (Have a Cadbury Wispa McFlurry - you'll thank me later).
From my trip description, you can see we didn't make time for many museums this time. Our days were spent shopping and cheering on team USA! Guess I'll have to go back again soon - WITH the kids!
xo




It all looks AMAZING!!! So jealous!!
ReplyDelete